This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hello all!

Started by Tom Dent, October 15, 2015 · 3 Replies · 120 Views

Tom Dent

hello everyone, 

 

Im Tom.  After spending many years focusing around powerlifting and bodybuilding, achieving a decent physique ( 85kg @ approx 12% BF @ 5'10'' ) and mediocre lifts ( BP 115kg, SQ 150kg, DL 200kg) I am now focusing on movement as a whole, with gymnastics as my new backbone!

 

I bought F1 and H1 last night and did my first workout of F7, it was great, very different then my normal workouts, but great! Unfortunately I have a problem with my wrist ( believed to be Lunate dislocation/instability) so the handstand work will not really begin properly, i will just do the stretching and the very first wrist strength exercises.

 

My first workout I figured where i need to start:

FL Pe1 Block 3 ( felt good, used to this kind of abdominal and hip flexor work)
spl Pe1 Block 2 ( this was new, got a serious ache inbetween my scapular with this )
MN Pe1  Block 3 ( these were fine, a bit of a struggle after FL Pe1 tho! )
SL Pe1  Block 3 ( felt easy and did all reps but realised often i allowed my back to slouch)
SLS Pe1 Block 2 ( i could do these and stand up 15 times, but continuously stumbled backwards due to mobility)
HBP B3 completed ( this was easy, and the mobility felt easy too :) )
RC  need more equipment (i dont have rings but i did a similar exercise in place until i get rings)
 
sorry for the long post and thankyou to anyone who bothered to read it :)
 
Tom :)

 

 

Cole Dano

Sounds like you are off to a good start! Welcome aboard.

Itamar sha'ashuaS

Welcome to the community Tom !

Just make sure you're posting form checks to be sure of your form  ;)

Eduardo

Welcome, Tom! I also began just a couple of weeks ago, and I'm enjoy it pretty much up to now. I think you will too!