This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SE2 Standing Pancake

Started by Murray Truelove, October 15, 2015 · 3 Replies · 292 Views

Murray Truelove

During the start of the set, as a widen my stance, my hip flexors ache (it's almost painful and I assume it's because they're contracting like crazy) and as I fold forward it continues to get worse until my torso is close to parallel with the floor and I start to feel the stretch in my hamstrings and inner thigh.

This is a recent development since my flexibility has improved. Suggestions? 

strme

 legs closer together

Murray Truelove

But then I don't feel the stretch in the inner thighs as much.

It seems counter productive, to me at least, to reduce the inner thigh stretch without a bigger strategy, it's plausible that the over reacting hip flexor contraction are a symptom of disfunction elsewhere, possibly the glutes or the trunk.

After all, not stretching at all reduces the discomfort entirely but can hardly be seen as a solution.

Coach Sommer

If the discomfort is too intense, your stance is too wide.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer