Any recommendations on how we should proceed in implementing the weekly workouts provided to us into our Foundation and Handstand workout routines? I have found the most success in getting to where I am at by only training the respective elements once a week, spreadloaded throughout the week. Should I do these workouts after my progression training or before? Plus, I am in the Marine Corps so some days, command related physical training completely obliterates me, so I end up shifting training to other days after adequte rest. Any recommendations?
https://courses1.gymnasticbodies.com/my-workout/?_ga=1.5096368.2062789248.1443650457
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Incorporating the Weekly Workouts
Started by Gabriel Nunez, October 14, 2015 · 2 Replies · 197 Views
If you've already found that spreading the elements out and hitting each once a week works for you continue with that. You may have to improvise a bit with what the planner says and what's actually happening, but you can at least refer to it for sets and reps.
Before or after your progression training is experiment with both and see what you prefer.
On command training days, adjust your Foundation workouts accordingly.
All in all Foundation scheduling is very flexible and practical, we're looking for what works for you, not how many workouts you can do a week.
Awesome, thank you for the advice. I guess I can also tailor the level of frequency of the weekly workouts depending on which week I am on in my progressions. At the higher weeks, the high number of reps/sets with good form definitely require more rest due to the amount of stress it places on the body's limited resources and recuperative abilities. I am about to start on new progressions in the majority of the elements, so I will experiment as you mentioned, placing priority on the progressions versus the weekly workout. Thank you!