This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Am I "pouring gasoline on the Fire?" As coach would say. RC/PE1

Started by MattRobbo, October 14, 2015 · 3 Replies · 351 Views

MattRobbo

Long story short, I've had golfer's elbow for a few months. A combo of Oly lifting and Sport climbing too hard brought it on.

I've seen the light and purchased F1, H1 and FSs + TBs.

I'm wanting to start from scratch in order to rehab the elbow, a dodgy hip and poor mobility.

 

I'm starting on PE 1 for rope climb. Hinge rows. 

 

I'm able to do 5 x 15 strength wise and I don't get any elbow pain when I do the sets.

 

However I do get a pretty good forearm pump around the 12th rep. Obviously tight forearm flexors led to the elbow issues in the first place, so am I just feeding the injury by doing this exercise?

 

Debating how to play it. I'm doing lots of forearm stretching, myofascial release, self massage and using theraband flex bar to try and fix the tendonitis, I'm just mindful that I don't want to aggravate it at the same time.

 

Any opinions re how best to train around the issue would be great, especially in relation to the RC progs. There's nothing else in the F1 or H1 that aggravates it etc

 

 

Ravn

As long as you don't get that stabbing pain during the workout nor the droning pain afterwards (max 1-2 on a scale of 10), you should be on the right path.

Coach Sommer

I would recommend caution.  

 

The injury is not yet healed.  At a minimum I would consider bumping all the way down to week 5 to give the elbow 8 more weeks of healing under a reduced load.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

MattRobbo
Coach Sommer said:

I would recommend caution.  

 

The injury is not yet healed.  At a minimum I would consider bumping all the way down to week 5 to give the elbow 8 more weeks of healing under a reduced load.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Will do. Cheers Coach