hey guys ![]()
I'm looking to refocus my warm up now that i'm working on Wall Handstand(PE7). what I mean by refocus is that for the time that i've been on H1, after working through progressions PE1 through 3, I've always kept an inversion in my warm up while working on the prone / supine holds. now that for my working sets I'm inverted on the wall, i've discontinued warming up with a set of Headstand or Forearm Headstand.
there is still the question of keeping the prone / supine holds in the warm up because i've noticed it cuts into my recovery with Dislocates. this is due to staying on queue with bumping up the iM weights (specifically, shoulder extension, supine hold and prone hold / pulse). my question is how have you guys tackled your warm up / cool down / prehab, whatever in relation to your working sets once you reach this point.
leaving this for post workout seems like the most "make sense" course of action but I wanted the opinion of the more developed hand balancers on the forum.
to be clear, i am not having issues with progress stalling. doing the warm up with minimal rest is fine with me and I rest 90sec between working sets to give my trapz a break, but I feel like it's time to shuffle some stuff around.
my focus is building my trap strength and that is a weakness of mine, so im looking for ways to maximize the Strength gainz while not letting the iM's lag behind AND/OR affecting my work sets.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
What to focus on for Warm up once reaching Wall Handstand?
Started by Keilani Gutierrez, October 13, 2015 · 12 Replies · 347 Views
I would do one headstand hold and one forearm headstand hold for about 30s to still have the freestanding sensation. The supine holds lose the importance, especially with the introduction of the dislocates, but I find them very helpful in loosening up my tight right pec minor, but I think it is skipable unless you have an old injury like mine.
I also do PE 2 iM along with this as H1 is my shoulder warm up for F7
At this point your warm should be:
-shoulders extension and flexion with mastery weight for doubled mastery reps (1 set for both ext and flexion 10 reps)
-forearms handstand with doubled mastery time (1 set x 60 sec)
-wrists work (if you have already completed it) wit doubled mastery reps (1 set each exercise for 10 reps)
Alessandro Mainente said:At this point your warm should be:
-shoulders extension and flexion with mastery weight for doubled mastery reps (1 set for both ext and flexion 10 reps)
-forearms handstand with doubled mastery time (1 set x 60 sec)
-wrists work (if you have already completed it) wit doubled mastery reps (1 set each exercise for 10 reps)
That's exactly what mine was at that point ![]()
gotcha.
and the question of where to put the PE's to keep bumping up the weight?
put them away and focus on wall HS and dislocates? bump up the weight only on iM1 & 2?
Complete it? I'm doing 5x5 of the SE4's since I've mastered them, is it right..? Maybe I just didn't get this post right..Alessandro Mainente said:At this point your warm should be:
-shoulders extension and flexion with mastery weight for doubled mastery reps (1 set for both ext and flexion 10 reps)
-forearms handstand with doubled mastery time (1 set x 60 sec)
-wrists work (if you have already completed it) wit doubled mastery reps (1 set each exercise for 10 reps)
Once you've mastered the wrist series then you'll do a single 10r set of each element.
So it will be like that?Cole Dano said:Once you've mastered the wrist series then you'll do a single 10r set of each element.
Wrist stretches
WP 10r>FKP 10r>WR 10r>FTP 10r
HS/PE and iM work
Did I get it right?
yes
Cole Dano said:yes
Can I ask why is that? Wouldn't it be more efficiant to stay with 5x5 or just up the reps?
Efficient? Not at all. 5x5 will take much longer to accomplish than 1x10. The point is to maintain the mastery, not necessarily go beyond. You've only got some much training energy and recovery.
But if you prefer to stay at 5x5 there is nothing wrong with that either. It won't hurt you. It's your training. Do what you like.
So I'll do 1x10 from now, good to know that.Freeflyer said:Efficient? Not at all. 5x5 will take much longer to accomplish than 1x10. The point is to maintain the mastery, not necessarily go beyond. You've only got some much training energy and recovery.
But if you prefer to stay at 5x5 there is nothing wrong with that either. It won't hurt you. It's your training. Do what you like.
so, am I right to assume that I should NOT be bumping up the weights on PE's 4-6? just making sure, because if I had not been focusing on these elements, I would probably be already working on PE9-11.
in two-three more weeks I'll be moving onto PE8 and keeping one set of 30sec Wall HS in my warm up.
I just want to confirm that the only iM's I should be working on are 1 through 4(doing say, iM 1&2 for a week, 3&4 for a week, and alternate them throughout the cycle.) and the Overgrip / Undergrip Dislocates, which I do a set of 10 Undergrip Dislocates(6-8lb) after my H1 Assignment is completed for the day.