This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1 Form Check

Started by Giovanni Garcea, October 13, 2015 · 7 Replies · 153 Views

Giovanni Garcea

Is my form acceptable? Thanks!

Jason Dupree

I think shoulders should be depressed a bit more, and I can't recommend rings for this exercise highly enough. The single attachment for TRX makes it so awkward.

Alessandro Mainente

Definitely more depression of shoulders.

As stated before note that your shoulders flexion is less than 90°. this is due to the nature of trx. you can evaluate to move on rings especially for advanced exercises.

Giovanni Garcea

ok! I caved in and ordered some rings. I thought I could get some more mileage from the TRX I already had, but that didn't work out, I guess...

 

Should I actively depress the shoulders during the entire movement/set?

Giovanni Garcea

Hi, has my form improved enough?

 

Thanks,

Giovanni

Eva Pelegrin

Hi Giovanni. It looks like you've improved your shoulder depression and your bottom 90º angle. Good progress. Back on black, we can't see the shape of your butt! You could place a white/solid color towel underneath your seat next time. The main thing I see is that your hips may not be hinging (tilting forward) enough. I believe the end position should be with your back a bit more upright, without any lean back. That's what I'm working on :) Maybe your feet have to move back a bit. It may help to open up your hamstrings beforehand.

Giovanni Garcea
17 hours ago, Eva Pelegrin said:

Hi Giovanni. It looks like you've improved your shoulder depression and your bottom 90º angle. Good progress. Back on black, we can't see the shape of your butt! You could place a white/solid color towel underneath your seat next time. The main thing I see is that your hips may not be hinging (tilting forward) enough. I believe the end position should be with your back a bit more upright, without any lean back. That's what I'm working on :) Maybe your feet have to move back a bit. It may help to open up your hamstrings beforehand.

Thanks Eva, good feedback!

 

Cole Dano

Slide back just a little bit further from the rings, that should hep fix the hip hinge. It's critical with these to set up so your butt is directly under the rings at the top of the rep.