This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS SE-3

Started by curtis, October 12, 2015 · 6 Replies · 142 Views

curtis

Does course mastery require 5 reps on each leg consecutively, or is alternating each leg acceptable?

 

I'm not in a hurry to stop doing this exercise. I see value with variations on this one forever. I ask because it's much easier to alternate. 

 

Thanks.

Edoardo Cagnola

IMO you should try to master it doing 5 consecutive reps for each leg. As you have noticed, it's much more challenging this way! I think that's the course requirement, but even if it's not you have nothing but good things to gain from doing it like that :)

Itamar sha'ashuaS

I did not understand the question.. I mastered it 20 reps total each set from side to side..

Edoardo Cagnola

Because he's talking about SE3, not PE3 ;)

Alessandro Mainente

Ideally working forward gives more stabilization especially if you are using single weighted bar. personally i feel more activation of glutes during walking compared to single alternated lunge.

curtis

Eduoardo-  it's definitely going to make it tougher and probably more beneficial (?) consecutively. I was thinking about going that way even if mastery doesn't require it. Getting very close to solid mastery by alternating legs. However, sometimes I get the urge to move on and play around with a new movement after doing the same thing for 6 months or more. 

 

Allesandro- I'll look forward to that workout when the time comes. Oh yes.

Freeflyer

I've been mastering all SLS SEs 1 leg at a time.  Alternating would be significantly easier.