This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Straddle L mobility

Started by Josh Wilensky, October 11, 2015 · 6 Replies · 342 Views

Josh Wilensky

I don't have the mobility to do straddle L or manna. I was thinking of buying a stretch course. Which one would be best to help me with the flexibility/mobility required for manna?

MT Nordic

don't be silly, if you need one, you need them all.  buying just one wouldn't do you any favors.  however, if you insist, middle splits would be the one.

KSTL

.

palazzolo85
Josh Wilensky said:

I don't have the mobility to do straddle L or manna. I was thinking of buying a stretch course. Which one would be best to help me with the flexibility/mobility required for manna?

 

All of them my friend.  Seriously, The stretch series is just as important as the strength progressions.  It's literally the best thing that I've added to my training!!  We need strength in flexibility.  How is your L-sit + half straddle L?

Josh Wilensky

My lsit is strong. I'm currently on the half straddle L, but it feels good and is progressing nicely. I figured I will do one stretch series at a time. Sounds like I should eventually go through all of them, but perhaps I will start with middle splits and go from there?

palazzolo85

Yes, you definitely want to do them all but at the end it's your choice to make. Just take your time focus on form and mobility but I strongly suggest you start them all. Like I said, big difference in training for me..

Coach Sommer
Josh Wilensky said:

I don't have the mobility to do straddle L or manna. I was thinking of buying a stretch course. Which one would be best to help me with the flexibility/mobility required for manna?

 

Doing GST without stretching is like lifting weights using only the bar.  

 

You can only make so much progress before your gains grind to a halt.  ;)

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer