This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

semi l-sit trouble

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, October 8, 2015 · 2 Replies · 139 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi all!

I tried in many ways, but I still have some issues to fix while performing semi l-sit. I need your help in order to clarify how to proceed.

 

What I've got till now is that a correct form is with hands at hips level, open chest, back straight and... elbows pointed forward?

I am not sure the latter point is a mandatory requirement in order to move on.

 

Just to explain myself better, here's a pic comparison:

 

post-10847-0-33151700-1444310690_thumb.p

 

Pic on the left: I think all the points mentioned are respected, excepted the elbows, that are turned inwards.

Pic on the right: elbows are pointed froward, but butt is a bit backward, and maybe not sufficiently forward.

 

I've been working on this element for 4 months, I thought that in time I would be able to fix this problem, but it doesn't look like that. I tried to work on support hold on P-bars with elbows pointed forward, no problem with that. The problem arise when I lift legs and keep hips at hands level.

If got well the point, this difficulty of keeping elbows pointing forward is due to a lack of retraction strenght. I am not at all strong in shoulder extension, maybe could it be the problem??

In any case, in the left pic my back is held flat, chest is not cave in (at least I think so!). Even though I can't point forward my elbows, I think it is better than right pic. What do you think??

Could be reasonable to work on this element keeping the form on the left pic, and considered mastered this element once I will get 5* 60 secs?

Otherwise what would you suggest to do?

Sincerely I don't know how to proceed! I have the fear to waste time working on an not perfect form... that is the point!

Thanks to all!

 

 

 

 

 

Jeremy Huston

The Focus Points say:  With an open chest and depressed shoulders, maintain the knees at hip level for the entire duration of each set.

 

It seems to me that you're making this harder than you need to.  But I haven't reached this element yet, so take my comment with that in mind.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
Zach Armijo said:

The picture on the left is requiring more hip strength in order to keep the hips pressed forward, which will be a huge asset to you later in your manna progressions.

 

As stated above, you are hitting all focus points of this element. Elbows are preference, but straight is straight. Keep working the left form IMO.

Thank you Zach!! That was a clarifying answer!! :)