Assuming alignment of the pelvis is correct, what could be the reason for frog stretches and middle split stretches being felt on the outside of the hip?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Groin stretches felt on the outside of hip?
Started by Jason Dupree, October 8, 2015 · 3 Replies · 176 Views
if the adductors are extremely tight you can feel glutes cramps. but for the 100% of people with this problem is the hips capsule.
foundations series especially planche progression gives great too to solve this problem. be careful with forced hips stretch, you can develop chronic capsule inflammation.
I feel like the capsule is the only explanation. In your experience, is this something that can be 100% fixed? I do feel progress, though it is so slow I'm not sure it isn't in my head only.
Jason Dupree said:I feel like the capsule is the only explanation. In your experience, is this something that can be 100% fixed? I do feel progress, though it is so slow I'm not sure it isn't in my head only.
yes , basically it depends on how much time you stayed away from complete rom movements. the natural behavior of the body especially in the hips region is about "assume the most advantage lever configuration", this because hips must be stabilized all the day. the best configuration is short lever that mean tight muscles. tight muscles reduce rom and after flexibility of connected joint capsule. due to the sedentary work of basically 99,9999999% of people, hip is the joint most often locked.
unfortunately the capsule requires months and months of work. in the case of my knee it wasn't prepared for full flexion. it took 1 year of daily mobility. same for shoulders...hip is bastard.