This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Introducing myself

Started by Eduardo, October 7, 2015 · 2 Replies · 112 Views

Eduardo

Hey, guys! I have just purchased the F1+H1 pack and would like to present myself. I have actually known gymnastic bodies for quite a long time, since late 2008. Always wanted to do this kind of training but never really got to it. I was spending lots of time studying and trying to find the best possible way to train so I could make no mistake. The thing is, I could never find out what that “best option” was, and so ended up never doing anything about it. Just as an example, a bit more than a year ago I was talking to my girlfriend about buying a set of stallbars to put in our home, but kept thinking “I wonder if this one is the right one,” and then again never did anything about it.

 

Recently something finally struck me and I kind of realized how this paralysis by analysis was doing me harm. I have basically wasted 7 years doing nothing just because I couldn't be totally sure which option was the best one. If I had just done the work, I would probably have Foundation done by now (ok, I know Foundation didn't exist yet 7 years ago, but I could have done something).

 

Anyhow, I have decided to put this paralysis by analysis to rest for good, and if I can't decide which is the ultimate best way to do something, I'll just settle for the second one, which is way better than simply doing nothing. That basically means I have bought a set of stallbars (maybe not the best, but a good one and I'm quite satisfied with it), together with some other small equipment, and evidently, the GB courses I mentioned (not to mean that the GB courses are second to best, but just that I took action).

 

Sometimes the idea of spending years to reach the final Foundation series elements is a bit daunting, but then I remember how much time I have put into my academic studies. The idea of having yet 2.5 years to finish my Ph.D. (several years after beginning my undergrad studies) doesn't trouble me at all, so I shouldn't also feel bad about having such a long road ahead of me with respect to GST. The important thing is that I keep moving through the road, so I'll just enjoy the ride.

 

I'm planning to post videos of every element I attempt to master so I can really be sure I'm not missing anything or moving too fast.

 

I hope to have a really nice time here for the following years.

Wes Tan

Hi Eduardo,

 

Welcome, finally!

 

Your post made me laugh, I think you have definitely been showing signs of the 'too cerebral syndrome', which is very common amongst academics  :lol:

 

Now is the time to get back into your body and F1 and HS1 are perfect for that! Don't be in a rush to post videos for feedback, there really is no need at the start. Acquaint yourself with the programme, terminology etc and then get to work. Don't worry too much if it's perfect at the start, put your best effort into your workouts, take videos from time to time and compare them to the course videos. When you think you have it and want to try mastery, sure post your videos then. 

 

Best of wishes and get working  ;)

 

Wesley

Eduardo

Hi, Wes!

 

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, I have fallen for that syndrome, but now I'll definitely leave it behind. I've been studying the course material a lot and also searching the forums for advices about some specific exercises, but already trying everyone of them. Pretty excited about the whole thing! I have filmed every exercise I've done until now. Not that I'm in a rush, but there are a couple of them I think are ok, so I'm going to post them to check for mastery soon.