Hi !
I am interested in the correct way of structurizing a workout.
I am going to help to train the Cheerleading team so I need experienced people's ideas on this subject.
I thought about posting here because Cheerleading is somewhat close to Gymnastics ( Involves Strength, agility, flexibility, technique work etc. )
My take on this is:
1. Basic warm up
2. Dynamic stretching for warm up
3. Strength work
4. Technique work
5. Stretching
The whole workout is 2-3hrs
Is this setup good ?
The requirements are :
*Core strength ( For acrobatic elements and to be able to hold still while being held in the air )
*explosive leg strength ( For some acrobatic elements )
*upper body pressing strength ( To be able to press the cheerleader up in a stunt )
*Active flexibility ( To be able to jump in a split in the air )
*Passive flexibility
Is it a good idea to do active stretching and then passive in a single session ? Or they must be spread apart ?