One last time. I don't know if there's anything to improve upon here. Did six sets today, filmed the last one. Let me know. I feel ready to move on to the next progression, these aren't hard and the -im isn't difficult either.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, October 4, 2015 · 7 Replies · 75 Views
One last time. I don't know if there's anything to improve upon here. Did six sets today, filmed the last one. Let me know. I feel ready to move on to the next progression, these aren't hard and the -im isn't difficult either.
Maybe its just me, but it doesn't look like you're externally rotating your arms
To be honest, I'm not sure how exactly I can externally rotate my arm further while my hands are holding the bar. You may be right, but I don't understand how biomechanically I can fix that
So, wait are my elbows supposed to point back throughout the entire movement? I had understood that the elbows only point back during the bottom portion of the movement. So, I had been intentionally rotating the elbows through the movement instead of having them point back throughout the movement. If that's the issue then I'll reshoot this movement again because that minor critique shouldn't keep from progressing. I did six to seven sets yesterday just to be sure. Even though I'm only now understanding it better.
Is this last upload any better? I'm not sure how to 'externally rotate' my shoulder any more than I already am. I can't see any major discrepancy between my video and the mastery video on the forum. So, if this isn't at mastery I'm sort of stuck as to how to improve upon these because they're not even difficult to perform at this point. So, any insight is appreciated.
Where your elbows are pointing at the top isn't a big deal. Some people like to emphasize turning the elbow out forward but it's not a requirement here.
What is is staying tight and with a slight hollow, ppt etc. Thats missing and also the need to push all the way at the top into protraction.
Daniel, have you tried using a partner to press the palm of their hand into your back while you push into the top, endrange of movement?
The body responds to the resistance and protracts, as Cole was mentioning, at the top of the movement. This is a PNF technique to kick on the scapular proprioceptors and may be done for other movements as well that require scapular protraction.
Ryan