This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1-im Form Check

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, October 2, 2015 · 8 Replies · 145 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Reshot this -im from all angles to give some better insight to any form adjustments I can make. Let me know, thanks. 

 

 

 

 

Keegan

Don't "dislocate".

For instance, in the first video you posted, you flex your shoulders to lift the bar into place, then lean forwards at your hips. At around 9 seconds in you are in the correct position....and then you incorrectly "dislocate" your shoulders.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Oh. Man, I've been making these a lot harder then I needed to. FML. Okay, I understand now, hopefully.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Oh. Man, I've been making these a lot harder then I needed to. FML. Okay, I understand now, hopefully.

Keilani Gutierrez

^_^!!
 

 

it only gets much harder. with 10lbs+ my trapz feel like they're exploding.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

So you only have to bring the bar up to your shoulders and from there squeeze the traps. I had it in my mind that the bar has to go behind the shoulders. I refilmed myself yesterday. Will post again.

Keilani Gutierrez
Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

So you only have to bring the bar up to your shoulders and from there squeeze the traps. I had it in my mind that the bar has to go behind the shoulders. I refilmed myself yesterday. Will post again.

you're right in your observation, it simply has to be done with shoulders not dislocating. if you try a prone shoulder hold(PE5) you'll get the idea of what you want to do with this iM. the temptation will be high to let the back arch to bring the bar back, but it has to be done with ribs down and this in turn will make you want to grab the bar wider to allow the shoulders to dislocate.. the cues ensure keeping a rigid ribcage and focusing on pure shoulder flexion.  it feels real cool when you feel the bar going behind you and once you check the film, it's level with your spine. :) it's a different feeling for sure.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Here I reshot this -im. How does it look now?

 

 

 

Keilani Gutierrez

still seeing rotation. grab it at shoulder width and try doing only shoulder flexion. you can see the rotation by looking at the elbows