This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE2 Form Check

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, October 2, 2015 · 2 Replies · 70 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Been working on these for a while. Today they felt really good, better than before, so I thought I'd form check them again, even though I did so last week. Doing so shirtless I thought would give better visual to what, if anything, that my hips are doing incorrectly throughout the movement. 

 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Anybody?

Ryan Bailey

Hey Daniel, you'd probably like a coaches feedback but I can offer some comments for discussion.

I notice your lumbar to pelvic rotation is much improved, and it appears you are working hard on the keeping the hip verticle advice. Nice!

In regards to the actual skill:

1) Are your feet extra wide, utilizing the top hip ADDuction to assist the sideplank movement?

2) Also at the top of the movement, is your upper trunk convex in relation to the mastery video? This could indicate less lower hip abduction, and less lower shoulder abduction strength during the movement.

3) Also, do you see in the mastery video the black line on the floor under his obliques, pelvis, and hip? Use this as a refrence point... Do you notice how the black line always remains in view throughout the movement, which means the hips are solid and never drop with lower trunk rotation. When I train the movement and film, I look for a visual point of reference behind the body to see if the hip is dropping. For example, in your video, you can see objects behind and under your pelvis at the start position... do those points of reference disapear when you transition through the bottom of the rotation movement?

Ryan