I just read Building the Gymnastic Body, and I am going to try to build a new routine around the concepts presented in the book. I found the book to be extremely useful in dealing with progressions and different types of pulling, pressing, core, legs, and static progressions. I'm going to start using a lot of these progressions in my own training, but I have one major question:
When using one progression of an exercise, is it ok to just omit the earlier progressions (the "easier" ones as described in the book)? For example, I can already perform Bulgarian ring dips with competency. Does this mean that an earlier variation, such as the Korean dip, would not be useful to me anymore?
Another example: I can do Bulgarian Ring Push Ups with relative ease, so does that mean that I can just ignore this variation and continue work with, say, Pseudo Maltese Push Ups on rings? The PMPU is rated higher on the difficulty scale in the book (and I agree), but they seem to be such different movements that I'm not sure if it would be wise to simply "move on" from Bulgarian Push Ups to PMPUs.