This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

H2/PE2

Started by Gavin S, October 1, 2015 · 6 Replies · 209 Views

Gavin S

Hi all,

 

I assume the goal in this one is to maintain a perpendicular line through the wrists, arms, shoulders and upper back while elevating and protracting the scaps. The hips will be behind the shoulders. Does it matter how much behind? What is an acceptable distance?

 

I will post a vid of my attempt later on.

Alessandro Mainente

the hips should be in line with shoulders. you need to walk with feet closer to hands as much as you can with pushing the shoulders in. in think that for H2 you need to be a bit comfortable with last 2 IM of H1.

Gavin S

Thanks Alex,

 

I just wanted to check on this one as in the course pictures and videos the athlete does not stack the hips over the shoulders. There is no planching in the shoulders and the hips are not over the hands directly.

 

post-1423-0-27846700-1444620102_thumb.pn

Alessandro Mainente

As your compression improves as your hips tend to move over the shoulders. the execution is the video is the minimum to move forward.

Gavin S

Thanks Alex

Coach Sommer
Gavin S said:

Thanks Alex,

 

I just wanted to check on this one as in the course pictures and videos the athlete does not stack the hips over the shoulders. There is no planching in the shoulders and the hips are not over the hands directly.

 

attachicon.gifPHPE2.PNG

 

The final position on the floor is also dependent upon the length of your levers.  

 

Longer arms with shorter legs and you will be unable to completely stack the hips on top of the shoulders while maintaining the appropriate line.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Gavin S

Thanks Coach. I actually have those proportions. Longer arms and torso and shorter legs.