This is my first time trying planche leans. Could some1 give me critique on the form? I know it's nowhere near perfect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_aWQ01JXqs
Thanks in advance!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by TobiasM, October 1, 2015 · 3 Replies · 91 Views
This is my first time trying planche leans. Could some1 give me critique on the form? I know it's nowhere near perfect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_aWQ01JXqs
Thanks in advance!
Tobias, please don't take this the wrong way, but I think planche leans are beyond your current abilities. Your arms are a little bent, shoulders are retracted and elevated instead of fully protracted and depressed, core is sagging, hips are piked, and the degree of lean is inadequate. I would start with PE1 (scap shrugs) and then work through the plank variations that follow, focusing on proper shoulder position and maintaining a hollow body.
Also, in future form checks, consider orienting your camera in landscape mode so you capture your entire body.
Alrighty, thanks a lot Garrick. Makes perfect sense. I'll take a step back :-)
Also thanks for the advice with the camera, don't really know much about IT. Didn't even know such a thing as "landscape mode" existed. Guess I have to download some kind of an app to make my phone record on landscape mode ![]()
TobiasM said:
Also thanks for the advice with the camera, don't really know much about IT. Didn't even know such a thing as "landscape mode" existed. Guess I have to download some kind of an app to make my phone record on landscape mode
I think it's just a matter of rotating your phone/camera 90 degrees when filming.