This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

so I busted out some body levers today

Started by Jay B., October 1, 2015 · 6 Replies · 315 Views

Jay B.

Six feet tall, 230lbs, most of my muscle in my legs. Surprised the heck out of me and they were EASY. Never even been able to do static holds or negatives before.

 

I think I'm going to submit form videos in October to see if I can move up to the second level of F1. It's been the mobility work holding me back, so I've been doing what I can to make the strength work harder. Looks like it's been working.

 

When I do move up to the next level, it's all due to the stretching series. Doing F1 has done next to nothing for my mobility, mainly helping repairing years of injuries. Doing the stretch series has seen staggering results in terms of flexiblity and mobility.

Jon Douglas
Jay B. said:

Six feet tall, 230lbs, most of my muscle in my legs. Surprised the heck out of me and they were EASY. Never even been able to do static holds or negatives before.

I think I'm going to submit form videos in October to see if I can move up to the second level of F1. It's been the mobility work holding me back, so I've been doing what I can to make the strength work harder. Looks like it's been working.

When I do move up to the next level, it's all due to the stretching series. Doing F1 has done next to nothing for my mobility, mainly helping repairing years of injuries. Doing the stretch series has seen staggering results in terms of flexiblity and mobility.

Congrats! Always a good feeling to see hard work coming home to roost :)

'Repairing years of injuries' doesn't sound like next to nothing though! :P

Jay B.
Jon Douglas said:

Congrats! Always a good feeling to see hard work coming home to roost :)

'Repairing years of injuries' doesn't sound like next to nothing though! :P

lol Yeah, I for sure don't want to sound like it did nothing for me, because it's been great, but doing F1 has definitely had very little effect on me getting to the second level. All these mobility gains have been due to the stretching series.

Jon Douglas
Jay B. said:

lol Yeah, I for sure don't want to sound like it did nothing for me, because it's been great, but doing F1 has definitely had very little effect on me getting to the second level. All these mobility gains have been due to the stretching series.

 

Really impressive on the levers though, you're not a wilting flower! Did you take a video?

palazzolo85
Jay B. said:

lol Yeah, I for sure don't want to sound like it did nothing for me, because it's been great, but doing F1 has definitely had very little effect on me getting to the second level. All these mobility gains have been due to the stretching series.

Agreed Jay.  Same thing happened to me, since starting the Stretch Series, makes a huge difference..Congrats

Jay B.
Jon Douglas said:

Really impressive on the levers though, you're not a wilting flower! Did you take a video?

No, never thought about it. I did it basing against my girlfriend's stripper pole. If I can find something in my apartment that I won't fulcrum into orbit I'll give it a shot.

Jay B.
palazzolo85 said:

Agreed Jay.  Same thing happened to me, since starting the Stretch Series, makes a huge difference..Congrats

I'm amazed at what the stretching series is doing mobility-wise for my entire body, but the way my shoulders and torso have been responding to the thoracic stretch has been ridiculous. Every week I do it I'm much, much stronger in the shoulders than I was previously.