This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/Pe6 using rings?

Started by TomParr, September 29, 2015 · 6 Replies · 263 Views

TomParr

Hi,

 

Would you be missing out any benefits doing this exercise using rings, presuming you keep your hands in roughly the same position as you would if using a bar? Seems a fairly stupid question but given the change in equipment from the earlier elements I thought I may be missing something.

 

Additional question if you hold yourself a bit higher than chin would that place more emphasis toward the inner back muscles and less empahsis on the lats?

 

Thanks for any answers.

Alessandro Mainente

The primarily goal of the RC course is biceps conditioning. if you are used to pull the bar/rings lower, you will experiment more lats activation. what is important is not hold the support in contact with the chest. stay away for a couple of cm, this will improve the subscapularis activation and scapulas stabilization for future exercises.

TomParr

Okay that elaborates on the focus points to give more understanding. And I guess the Pe is done on a bar as opposed to rings to make it easier to spot any deviations in form when performing.

Cheers.

Stephen Majerle

Also the chin must be above the bar for the whole set. If you use rings it might be harder to notice if you are sinking down since the bar won't be there as a reference point.

DBeckerman

Hi Tom,

 

I've used both rings and a bar for RC PE 6. I have recently had to return to PE6 due to a shoulder injury (from other sports) not allowing me to hang from a deadhang. I personally found them about the same, I am sure they are not but in terms of feeling it in the elbow they were similar. With the rings I ensured that my hands were level with my shoulders and that if they moved off that was me dropping down.

 

Hope this helps.

 

DB

Jeremy Huston
Stephen M said:

Also the chin must be above the bar for the whole set. If you use rings it might be harder to notice if you are sinking down since the bar won't be there as a reference point.

It wouldn't be too hard to hang an exercise band, belt, jump rope, etc. across the rings as a reference.

TomParr

Thanks for clearing those questions up for me, much appreciated