This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE14 form check

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, September 27, 2015 · 6 Replies · 210 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

My nightmare came back :wacko:: arch body hold! I practiced it months ago, and I found it terrifying.

 

Here's one of my attempts:

 

 

Here also the coupled iM:

 

 

Could you please check my form for both exercises?

Also, I read that for the iM 10 reps (each side) should be performed. tHAT measn 10 left + 10 right =20 reps, am I right? (I ask about this, because the similar iM for SL/PE11 requires only 5 reps (each side): I meant 10 reps in total for that element...)

Thank you!!

 

Alessandro Mainente

In order to take off some stress from lumbar spine you can:

-assume PPT

-then lift the legs and feel the glutes activation

-then depress shoulders blased so that you can create a good predisposition for thoracic extension

-lift the upper back and the arms.

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Great tips, Alessandro! Thank you! I feel I'm going to struggle months and months on this element, just as I thought! :lol:

 

I saw other guys perform ABH in previous topics, and I feel some of them have a better ROM than mine. I hope that with consistent work  my ROM will increase in time. In any case, do you repute that ROM of the video posted is considered sufficient for moving on the next element ?

Thanks to all!

LateStarter@46

Huh, what happened to mauler?! Nice name anyway  :)

Good luck with ABH. 

Alessandro Di Sanzo
LateStarter@46 said:

Huh, what happened to mauler?! Nice name anyway  :)

Good luck with ABH. 

Ahaha, I prefer to use my real name by now. Thank you!

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Just today I started to check my max ROM grabbing a stick, at shoulder width apart (actually it is a little bit wider).

 

 

I saw other videos of athletes who are able to flex arms higher than me. I've been working on HS/PE1 iM and thoracic extension intensively, hoping that they could help improving ROM. Besides, the coupled iM strains a lot my shoulders, so I find very tough to maintain arms flexed during all sets. Is it a common issue? or maybe I have very weak shoulders or what else?

 

Considering that there is room to build a better form, do you think the ROM shown in the video is a minimum to move in future on arch body rocks? 

 

Thanks to all!

 

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Any thoughts, guys? I tried to perform a set with no mobility between the sets, just to test if the mobility element was too stressful for my shoulders... as I supposed, It was much easier to keep arms flexed and fatigue accumulated uniformly on my body!

 

Instead, During mobility work I feel fatigue occurring progressively on the bottom arm as I return up to the starting position. I thought I could fix this issue grabbing a very light weight (my bodyweight is around 54 kg) , but even with 1 kg I feel my shoulders on fire. So from the second set onward, during static arch body hold almost the whole stress is felt  mainly on my shoulders, so it is demoniac to keep the same amount of flexion during all hold.

I wonder if this is simply a normal issue, that means a significative lack of shoulder strenght that I would fix in time, or instead an incorrect execution of the mobility element......or whatelse?  I repost the video of mobility execution here:

 

 

Previously only 5 reps each side were proposed, here there are 10 reps... I feel the difference! :wacko:

 

What would you suggest to do in order to work at my best for both elements? With no mobility effort  I'm sure  I could hold the static hold with more time and with better form, but I know I should not avoid the coupled mobility exercise... Currently I am working on the PE at a submaximal ROM to build strenght endurance at a ROM that lets me to keep he same amount of flexion during whole static hold... moreover, I do not perform 10 reps each side, but 6-7 reps, increasing little by little the reps. Could it be a good idea?

I would like to have your recommendatuions, because I know I will struggle for months and months. I just want to be sure if I am performing in the correct way this element!

thanks to all!