Support positions and the FL

Started by Fryk, September 12, 2009 · 2 Replies · 2,140 Views

Fryk

This is question directed at Ido, and it relates to his blog:

http://idoportal.blogspot.com/2009/09/b ... sness.html

On the blog it is stated that front and back support could be used to help front lever development, as well as other exercises. Do you reckon that it would be most effective to abandon the front lever training all-together and dedicate to these basic supports instead? - or simply to have both front lever and supports in the daily routine?

Ido Portal

The answer is a strong NO!

Do not abandon front lever work. You may add the support position to your training from time to time, but as a supplementry exercise. You will get 'the most bang for your buck' from front lever work when the goal is... front lever.

I just demonstrated another tool to be placed in the tool box for everyone's benefit. I would not even call it a central tool, but more of a supplemantry one.

Good luck,

Ido.

Gregor

When I'm learning a new strength skill I am always looking for another auxiliary exercises. I've done alot of auxiliary exercises but never neglected main exercises!!

IT's always best to use it both. Usualy 2:1 in favor for auxiliary exercise. Why is that? because all auxiliary exercises must be and are easier variations of movement you want to learn.

And as Ido says auxiliary exercises are just suplemental and not main exercise.