This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SE9 Supine Trap Stretch

Started by Bro', September 25, 2015 · 2 Replies · 165 Views

Bro'

Hey guys,

 

Just a quick question about this. In the follow-along video, about midway through the stretch, Coach tells Orench to get on his neck a little more if he can. Can't really see what adjustment he does though. I guess one simple way to ask about this is: does that mean to tuck the chin or the contrary?

 

I'm at a point where my knees touch the ground so I'm looking for ways to make it a bit more intense. If you also have other suggestions, I'm all hears.   :)

Alessandro Mainente

MY personal suggestion for a deep stretch:

-tuck your chin in until neck is completely flat on floor before to begin the stretch position

-knee near the ears

-arms in full extension and scapular depression to improves the upper traps elongation

- variation1 : upperbody straight improves upper traps stretch 

  variation2: upperbody curled with abs contraction improves middle back stretch really a lot

Bro'

Cool, exactly what I needed! Especially getting the chin in position before beginning. I would always try to move the neck while in the stretch but I guess that limited my ability to adjust.

 

Thanks a lot. :)