This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE4 and iM Form Checks

Started by Vytautas Pilkauskas, September 25, 2015 · 8 Replies · 212 Views

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Hello GB,

 

I started a cycle with 4x4 I increased reps every day and reached 4x10 after 4 training days, don't feel it very taxing. Here's a video of my 4th Arch Ups set and pictures of iM below. I don't have anything better than parallel bars for this movement at the moment, I surely feel I could go much higher but then my hips dip between bars so I have to limit ROM in order to stay in one place.

Thank you, I appreciate any feedback very much.

 

post-12272-0-43315600-1443173185_thumb.j

post-12272-0-19677200-1443173195_thumb.j

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Anyone, please? :)

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Here's another shot.

 

Did 5x10 today using this peace of equipment which I wanted to try and I felt my lower back hit real hard. Much harder than using PBs like in the first video.

 

 

What do you think?

HB_Ron

Very creative! If you could lower it more, it would be awesome! "Sit up at least horizontal"

 

I think you should move the hips in the iM a bit to the side along with the arch.

It's hard to notice, but you can barely see it on the demo video. Without this cue I can't feel the stretch much.

 

Hope this helps dude :)

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Will try that, thanks!

In a stretch I feel my oblique burning after 30 seconds but will have a go at that.

It surely does :)

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Hello,

 

Here's the most recent record of arch ups using a brand new peace of equipment :D

 

There's definitely a huge difference this way, this exercise just kills the lower back!

 

What do you think? It is 4th set of 8.Thank you very much

 

Cole Dano

Third time is a charm, this looks good.

 

Can you share your set up? It's hard to see from the video.

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Thank you, Cole.

 

I took a rings strap and wrapped it around one PBars side really tight in order to hold my thighs and hips strong and so they could not move forwards and backwards. Then I took two stretching bands and wrapped them around PBars to hold achilles and ankles. Works magicaly. I will just use another rings strap to hold achilles and ankles as those bands can easily tear apart. :)

Cole Dano

Sounds simple but effective, nice job!