This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE5

Started by Russell Horowitz, September 25, 2015 · 2 Replies · 104 Views

Russell Horowitz

Hey guys. I just starting planche leans, and I want to make sure I'm doing them correctly. I was just playing around with them today, trying to find the right body position, so the hold is very short. I'm guessing I still need to protract more. I was trying to focus on keeping my glutes and quads contracted so my legs were straight and I wasn't piking as much as in previous attempts.

 

I appreciate any feedback.

 

 

Joshua Slocum

You are precisely correct. More protraction! And it looks like you might be able to depress a bit more. It's very critical that you lock-in the right scapular position here: it's much harder to correct later on. 

Russell Horowitz

Thanks for the help Joshua!

 

I think I improved this time. The angle and lighting are a little wonky, but it looks better to me.

 

Does that look like more protraction?