This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Incline Pushups (HBP/PE1) and German Arm Swings (HBP/PE1-im) Form Check

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, September 24, 2015 · 10 Replies · 157 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I feel pretty confident that these are mastered but I'd just like a second opinion. I dropped back to these due to a minor flare-up in my shoulder (almost impingement) due to being overzealous with my handstand mobility work. In any case, let me know.

 

 

Vytautas Pilkauskas

A side shot would be much greater for any feedback. You look confident doing those, though. You can place your hands a little bit wider and maybe external arm rotation would also be benefitial in my opinion. :)

German arm swings look good to me.

korija

needs more external rotation

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

What needs more external rotation? The pushups? Or the swings?

HB_Ron
Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

What needs more external rotation? The pushups? Or the swings?

External rotation of the shoulders&elbows in Push ups

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Oh I see that now. That's easily fixed. My concern on these was more with the im. I'll repost next week having put more emphasis on external rotation in the pushups.

HB_Ron

Just make sure to record the PE from the side ;)

Your iM is actually pretty good my friend- Maybe try doing it more smoothly if it doesn't make any discomfort to your shoulder.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Yeah, I did thiese in a Smith machine so filming it was tricky, I'll find somewhere else in the gym. The rotation of the arm won't really hold me back. I was doing these at knee and shin height for a while just to stimulate the pec (until I got better at the -im). So having the bar at hip height isn't tough. I'll repost next week with more cinematographic acuity, lol.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut




Do these seem better? I was really pushing the external rotation. I'm not sure if I could get more rotation with my hands holding the bar. 
Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Any thoughts?

HB_Ron

It's really hard for me to check your form with your shirt on..Anyway, here's what I think you can fix:

-More protraction at the top and PAUSE for one second.

-Touch the elbows to the body/Bring them even closer to the body

-From this angle it seems you pike your hips. Remember to begin the movement from the hips-Only afterwards comes the chest. Sucking the abs and squeezing them down might help too, along with the PPT.