This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Do I need 6~7years? For master foundation?

Started by Yoojoin, September 24, 2015 · 8 Replies · 509 Views

Yoojoin

First of all my motherlanguage is not english, so sorry about awful my english

I registered my starter pack today

I'm reading intro document

I figured out each workout needs 12weeks for master!

Then I need almost 6years to reach SE11 workout....

Is there no way to faster cycle???

6years too long..

I want do ring course last workout within 3~4 years

Could you help me coach sommer~

Wes Tan

Welcome Yoojoin,

12 weeks is the maximum cycle for a progression within the GB programme. Remember the 12 week cycle is a guide only, and if you read the introduction section you will see that you could start a cycle on week 1 or 5 or 9 depending on how close you already are to mastery of that particular element.

How long it takes will depend on how consistent you are with your training.

Wesley

Krel
Yoojoin said:

Is there no way to faster cycle???

6years too long..

I want do ring course last workout within 3~4 years

It will take what it takes ! Rushing and shortcutting will inevitably lead to injuries which will make the path even longer. Assiduity, hard work and gradualness are the key to success.

Mats Trane
Yoojoin said:

First of all my motherlanguage is not english, so sorry about awful my english

I registered my starter pack today

I'm reading intro document

I figured out each workout needs 12weeks for master!

Then I need almost 6years to reach SE11 workout....

Is there no way to faster cycle???

6years too long..

I want do ring course last workout within 3~4 years

Could you help me coach sommer~

Enjoy the ride! Don't worry about how long it will take, you will love these courses. I was doing a lot of ring work before the Foundation series came out and I was always having some sort of a pain.

dynamo

The timeline to master Foundations depends on where you start.  If things have been out of whack for years, for example with excess lumbar lordosis or other areas where the bones have been held tightly in poor alignment for years, it might take awhile to achieve the mobility necessary to blow through the ranks.  In my opinion Foundations will fix things that are out of whack better than anything else out there, but biologically speaking fixing things just takes time.  Combining gb courses, for example working Foundations with all three Stretching Courses as designed, will help you accelerate through any problem areas.

 

If on the other hand you start with decent mobility and your body recovers at a fairly decent pace from workouts then you could accelerate through the ranks rather quickly.

 

I wonder is there really a choice?  Foundations or what else?  There really isn't any other set of courses out there designed to work together to get you in the best shape of your life from a strength and mobility perspective.

Yoojoin

@Wes Tan Which section of intro contains these contents? like 'you can switch week 1 to 5 or 9 depend on your body condition'

                   I'm not nitpicking, just I couldn't find anything about that.. so could you teach me about it concretely??

Wes Tan said:

and if you read the introduction section you will see that you could start a cycle on week 1 or 5 or 9 depending on how close you already are to mastery of that particular element.

How long it takes will depend on how consistent you are with your training.

Wesley

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Say you are testing out every element from F1. You take FL PE1 and decide to try a 4x48 and integrated mobility sets in between working PE sets routine which is a week 9 target. Now there's a few options:

 

1) If you hold it with such an ease that it didn't even bother you holding it, next workout go for 5x60 s with iM elements for your rest. If you succeed, then you will be prepared to do the same with PE2 deciding wether you want to try to do week 1, week 5 or week 9 target.

2) If you hold it but need short additional rest after iM is completed, you will most likely want to start from week 5 where target is 4x24 seconds or do a whole micro-cycle (4 weeks) of 4x48 but after a deload week start over with 4x48 but proceed to week 10 target afterwards.

3) If you fail to hold a single set of 48 seconds, you have to go back to week 1 or 5 where targets are 3x12 sec and 4x24 sec respectively depending on at what time of a given set you fail and start from there.

 

Do the same with every single element after you master previous one.

 

Week 1, week 5 and week 9 all represent the beginning of a micro-cycle and those 3 micro-cycles make a whole 12 week cycle.

Yoojoin
Vytautas Pilkauskas said:

Say you are testing out every element from F1. You take FL PE1 and decide to try a 4x48 and integrated mobility sets in between working PE sets routine which is a week 9 target. Now there's a few options:

 

1) If you hold it with such an ease that it didn't even bother you holding it, next workout go for 5x60 s with iM elements for your rest. If you succeed, then you will be prepared to do the same with PE2 deciding wether you want to try to do week 1, week 5 or week 9 target.

2) If you hold it but need short additional rest after iM is completed, you will most likely want to start from week 5 where target is 4x24 seconds or do a whole micro-cycle (4 weeks) of 4x48 but after a deload week start over with 4x48 but proceed to week 10 target afterwards.

3) If you fail to hold a single set of 48 seconds, you have to go back to week 1 or 5 where targets are 3x12 sec and 4x24 sec respectively depending on at what time of a given set you fail and start from there.

 

Do the same with every single element after you master previous one.

 

Week 1, week 5 and week 9 all represent the beginning of a micro-cycle and those 3 micro-cycles make a whole 12 week cycle.

Hmmm... sorry I cannot sure I got your words... cuz of my english skill...

So you mean

1) pe1 week9~12

Then pe2 week 1 or 5 or 9

2) 'week5~week12' or 'same as 1)' or 'week9~week12' twice

3) week1~12 or week5~12

Am I right????

Jon Douglas

Test PE1 & im week 11.

If all correct and comfortable, next workout warmup with PE1 and test PE2 &im.

If test is not successful, find the right block (1/5/9) to train that pe & im pair. Use the table in the introduction to work up to week 11-12 normally.

Repeat until you have a working level for all :) maybe you can pass it all just through tests :)

Work in four-week blocks for everything, so that deload weeks happen at the same time.

All clear? :)