active flexibility help

Started by Hayden Whealing, September 11, 2009 · 1 Replies · 2,312 Views

Hayden Whealing

A V sit, straddle L sit and eventually a manna are some of my main goals for static positions. The problem is that I don't know how to build the active flexibility to achieve these goals and what stretches to use.

I think I have the static flexibility for the straddle L but I'm lacking in the active flexibility needed for it. For the pike I lack both active and static flexibility necessary, I can touch my toes but it takes a lot of effort and active flexibility is no better.

Please help me increase my active flexibility, so i can achieve my goals. :mrgreen:

Blairbob

Start the basic progressions for the manna and straddle-L and L-sit.

Start working standing with holding the free leg at a height towards horizontal for time. Base leg must be straight.

Work seated pike and straddle leg lifts. Sit on floor, put hands between legs by knees or outside knees (if in pike) and lift heels off floor as high as possible. Try to lean your chest over your thighs while doing so.

Do for reps and static holds. This is merely an assistance exercise for the straddle-L or L-sit.

Doing this using a 60s protocol works well or rep scheme. It's just part of the puzzle for beginners. That's all I'm working with at this point.