This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Trouble feeling centered in freestand handstand

Started by palazzolo85, September 22, 2015 · 3 Replies · 162 Views

palazzolo85

Hi guys. As I've been progressing through H1 I'm starting to leave the wall and work on freestanding handstands. Since I've hit the mobility and stretch series religiously lately, my shoulder / hip mobility has improved, along with total body flexibility. My problem now is that I have a hard time finding my center when I'm freestanding. I took a video and will post it below, but I never can seem to feel that "Sweet Spot" so to speak, and find myself constantly adjusting even when, my line actually looks pretty good.

I was thinking maybe my shoulders could still open up some more or even, I could focus on really pointing my toes toward the ceiling stretching my body out or I may be loosing hollow. The video was taken at the end of my workout so I was kind of gased at this point, but regardless, take a look and tell me what u guys think..

trim.0C596EDC-3145-40CF-8B3F-ED7FAF7F7B3D.MOV

palazzolo85

Here's a second video I just made..

I focused on pointing my toes as if extending through them and it seemed to help

some, but I also lost ppt at one point..trim.AB8C2351-D44A-48EA-A069-A7CAA3863507.MOV

Alessandro Mainente

Handstand is about fullbody tension. from your form I can seen that you are not squeezing your legs and feet together. all the modifications to body tension could be the cause of a wrong perceived alignment. fix it.

palazzolo85

Ya ,  I noticed my feet werent together, ok ill work on it.

 

Alessandro, what did you think of my line? Do you see any problems with it..Besides the body tension.