This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE2 form check

Started by JohanT, September 22, 2015 · 4 Replies · 133 Views

JohanT

Hello, I just want to know if you think my form is good enough, it is hard to judge I might need to go down lower, but if I do, just fall backwards.

 

 

 

Thank you for any feedback

Chris Garay

Hi Johan,

 

Strive to keep your torso more vertical throughout the Cossack squat. If you feel like you are going to fall backwards, then you could probably use more ankle dorsiflexion. Check out the Front Split Series from the GB Stretch Courses!

 

Best,

Chris

JohanT

thank you, I will check out the stretch series. But I wonder how should i continue training before I get more flexible? should I go down as far as I can with my torso vertical or should I try to hold on to something so I can have my torso more vertical? or should I just stop doing this until I have gotten more flexible?

 

I am happy for all the help I can get.

 

Johan 

jpriit

The model in the instructional video does not have his heel on the ground at the lowest position. I don't know if it's correct like this or not, but this way it is possible to keep the body more upright with limited dorsiflexion.

JohanT

 

Hi, thank you for your answers. I have started the front split series stretching a few weeks ago.

What do you think of my form in the video? notice that I am holding a large hammerhead in my hands as a counterweight.

 

Any advice on how I go from having a weight to not having one?