This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

STS Squat (SLS/PE3) and Inside Squat (SLS/PE3-im) Form Check

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, September 21, 2015 · 4 Replies · 70 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

How are these looking? I feel that there could be room for improvement, however, I feel fairly comfortable throughout the entire ROM of both movements. Let me know what peoples thoughts are. On the -ims my legs don't touch, because when I do them and the knees touch, I don't end up being able to go as low into the movement. My intention is to increase the ROM over time. As shot in the video, I'm comfortable, in control, and taking them slowly. I just thought I would add that piece.

 

 

~Atticus

Both are fine to me.

I try to begin both the side to side squats, and inside squats, with my feet as close to parallel to each other as possible. (Recommendation made by theColin on a previous thread.) Apparently this does make a difference in later stages of SLS.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

That makes sense since the SLS mastery (i.e. the pistol squat) isn't performed with a foot cocked out 45 degrees. I'll see what other vetted GB folks say. I could certainly work on that as I improve in the SLS, getting closer to parallel when I do these for warm-up or on my MSs days.

Keilani Gutierrez

both look good to me, as well.

something that has brought a new wave of awesome to the SLS iM's is to do them with a straight(er) back. by that, i don't mean to stay vertical while descending, simply to pay attention to not mistake depth in the iM with lumbar flexion(hunching forward).

doing that to side to side squats have exposed some tight bits in the hip, as well. not something to be overly worried about now, but something to keep in mind for the future or for the iM's that you already have mastered. (depending on where you are)

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I get tense traps and I remember to straighten up because I'm hunching. I felt the hunching in SLS/PE2 and its im, so I've tried to work that out. It'll come. My hips are still quite stiff, noted by my lack of progress on MN/PE2, but it'll come. I just wish my upper body could progress as fast as my legs.