This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MSs/SE26 form check

Started by bibalong, September 21, 2015 · 6 Replies · 179 Views

bibalong

Been working on this for a while now, first couple of months I noticed a lot of improvement in ROM and strength in the position, but last month or 2 i dont feel like I have really progressed much or gotten any closer to the ground.

 

Any ideas what I could do to get a bit more out of this exercise?

 

 

 

 

 

Kasper Stangerup

I'd say you are raising yourself up too high from the floor. Also, I suggest you take the momentum out of the movement by placing one hand behind you on the floor when starting from pancake. It looks as if your floor is pretty hard, so you might consider getting some foam mats. These will also give you some more friction (if you take off your socks) so you will be able to push back instead of up when going back.

bibalong

Hey Kasper, Thanks for that, I guess I am raising myself higher because I lack the flexibility to roll through any lower, the socks where my attempt at sliding deeper into the position, obviously hasnt been working too well :D.

 

That's a good point though maybe the different approach of pushing back, supporting more of my body's weight on my adducters will increase the stretch. Will give that a shot. Cheers!

Kasper Stangerup

You're welcome. Just to clarify: When I say that you raise up too much, I'm obviously aware that your particular degree of flexibility will impose certain limits as to how low you can go. What I mean is that you raise yourself to a position that is higher than the lower-most position you demonstrate in the video.

bibalong

ahh, gotcha

Tobias Akeblom

I would like you to try to move through the whole movement with straight legs! If that is not possible, take a look at the scaling option presented. And as Kasper pointed, loose those socks :-)

Mark Collins

Do not use momentum to get started as you will risk injury. If you turn the hands so the fingers go under you it will help you get off the floor. Alternatively you can start with your buttocks on a cushion.

Stalling for two months is nothing to worry about. Mobilty is lost very slowly over years and takes a long time to restore. Think of this stretch series in terms of years not months. Put the work in and your body will adapt when it is ready.