This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Lower leg flexibility/forward split stretch course?

Started by SarahsWhere, September 19, 2015 · 4 Replies · 253 Views

SarahsWhere

Hello everyone!

 

I'm a newbie just starting F1/H1 together and hilarity ensued when I tried deck squats.  My lower leg flexibility is worse than I thought and prevented me from getting forward enough to be able to stand from the squat position.  I'd like to start a stretch course and saw the other two quesitons about which one to start with.  I'm thinking the forward split course would be the best to start with, am I on the right track?

 

I'm an airline and military pilot, so my usual body position makes for tight hip flexors, hamstrings, calves, and weak glutes.  The order that seems to make sense without looking at the actual movements is forward split, lumbar, then side split.  I ALMOST want to just be financially irresponsible and do the package of all three to save money in the long run, but my excitement is making me stay conservative on price at the moment so I can start one right away.

 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Jon Douglas

Yes, the front split course dials in on ankle/shin/calf region and works up through pike covering lower back glutes and hamstrings :) Front sounds like the fit for you at this stage

Mark Collins

As an airline pilot I would make the stretch series a priority. You will love the thoracic bridge series as it does the opposite to whatvthe prolonged sitting is doing to you.

SarahsWhere

Thanks Jon and Mark.  I couldn't afford all three, so I just got the middle and side split series.  I do my first one tomorrow, starting with front.  I'm looking forward to the thoracic bridge too.  I fractured my back in 2012 from mountain biking, so it's extra stiff since I never did physical therapy.  I'm so glad someone from Eat To Perform recommended this program to me.

Jon Douglas
SarahsWhere said:

Thanks Jon and Mark.  I couldn't afford all three, so I just got the middle and side split series.  I do my first one tomorrow, starting with front.  I'm looking forward to the thoracic bridge too.  I fractured my back in 2012 from mountain biking, so it's extra stiff since I never did physical therapy.  I'm so glad someone from Eat To Perform recommended this program to me.

 

I suspect you are going to thrive on these :)