Not sure where to post this, but I've been having a noticeable amount of stiffness and tenderness in the area of my midback between my shoulder blades and spinal vertebrae (so on both sides of my spine). In the area of my thoracic back, underneath my middle trapezius and rhomboids. It's a deep sensation and is alleviating when I trigger-point release with a lacrosse ball or foam roller, however, it is a present consisten sensation. I was wondering if anyone had any insights onto this or if anyone had dealt with similar irritation in that area. I am very conscious of my posture and try to remain upright and not hunched over as much as I can help it and correct it when, or if ever, I notice it.
I know that perhaps I could see a physical therapist, but I'm not in pain. It doesn't 'hurt'. It's largely just discomfort in the muscle belly and I'm not sure what's causing it. I also would prefer to not shell out the money for a phsyio visit when I could very likely correct a movement pattern I'm doing either during my workouts or throughout the day that may be causing this.
Thanks