Hello,
I am trying to find ways to increase my strength in my ashtanga practice and feel like the straddle l is a movement(though not traditional) that could fit within the context of the practice. There's a pose in primary series called upavistha konasana which is essentially a pancake stretch which would provide an opportunity to work on this movement with the ultimate goal of being able to do stalder press. I'm a little confused as to what is considered a straddle l as some pictures clearly seem to show the gymnast squeezing the inner thigh onto the arms and others where it's not. What is considered to be the truer technique and although I am imagining the first to be easier I would ideally like to learn it the proper way. Can one squeeze the legs onto the arms as a way to progress towards the other version? Thanks