This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wrist crunch/pop in WP/PE1 - does it get better?

Started by Paul Clay, September 16, 2015 · 2 Replies · 94 Views

Paul Clay

Hi All,

 

First thread here. Just starting out and I'm smitten!

 

Question:  on WP/PE1 my left wrist does a crunchy noise on the up(push away) part of the motion.  If I go reallllly slowly, it crunches less, but maybe just because it's quieter due to being slower.  It's not painful, but it feels very very weak.  My form is fine as far as I can tell.  

 

Have others started in a similar place and had improvements?   I don't know enough about wrist mechanics/physiology to know if this is this sort of thing that improves with time.  

 

Thanks!

Paul

Joshua Slocum

'Crunchiness' is often due to fascia and other soft tissue adapting to a new range of motion and/or load. For example, it's very common to encounter crunchiness in the shoulders when doing weighted dislocates (HS/PE5>iM) for the first time. So long as it's not at all painful, it will generally get better with time. If the crunchiness is excessive, you may want to back off the ROM or intensity a little bit, just to be sure. 

Paul Clay

Thanks Joshua!   I'm looking forward to when my wrists adjust.  Definitely going to take it real slow on this.   I might experiment with negatives, too, which feel much more natural at the moment.