What do you guys think about this?

Started by Esa Lackström, September 16, 2015 · 17 Replies · 3,867 Views

Esa Lackström

I make myself 2 slices of rye bread once or twice a day. I cook an eggwhite on both of them for protein, and add one slice of ham (good protein also imo).
Also i put cucumber and tomato on top of top if i have them on my fridge.

 

I figured that i get good carbs and fiber from ryebread, while eggwhites and ham give me a decent amount of protein.

 

Is this an ok thing to eat between meals? I'm still adjusting my eating to a healthier direction Learning something new everyday!

Joshua Slocum

Sounds good to me. Depending on what your meals look like, you may want to consider including the egg yolk. Dietary fat is important! 

Esa Lackström

Ah yes, i do have at least one yolk in a day. If i'm making porridge in the morning, i break a egg in there. Or then i make 3 egg (1 yolk) omelet and 100g ham in the morning. Those are the "two main" breakfasts that i have.

Blairbob

 I have no idea why you are only eating egg whites. Eat the yolks! Especially if you want to pack in some protein and calories.

Sean Hunter

It's only OK to eat if the rye bread was non-GMO, pre-sprouted, and planted in the light of the new moon. Otherwise it's toxic to your intestinal health and will surely kill you. And those vegetables better be organic, preferably Demeters Certified organic. If not, you can bet they were sprayed with estrogen-enhancing pesticides. (i saw a television program on this)

 

As for the eggs and ham, the only safe bet is to raise your own. Otherwise you are contributing to the Corn-Industrial Complex. And we all know how bad corn is...

 

How much acreage are you sitting on? You can get about 1000lbs of kale out of 1/10th an acre.

Ravn
Sean Hunter said:

It's only OK to eat if the rye bread was non-GMO, pre-sprouted, and planted in the light of the new moon. Otherwise it's toxic to your intestinal health and will surely kill you. And those vegetables better be organic, preferably Demeters Certified organic. If not, you can bet they were sprayed with estrogen-enhancing pesticides. (i saw a television program on this)

As for the eggs and ham, the only safe bet is to raise your own. Otherwise you are contributing to the Corn-Industrial Complex. And we all know how bad corn is...

How much acreage are you sitting on? You can get about 1000lbs of kale out of 1/10th an acre.

Sean, I like where you're taking this, but you're being too lax with your nutrition. You need to tighten up your diet and eat clean. Only purified water which has been exposed to Enya tunes to remove negative energy. Unicorn tears are ok, as long as they're from a white unicorn. But carbs? Like, seriously?!

Esa Lackström

^^ Thanks guys, i'll try to make these changes happen :D

 

Concerning eating egg whites, i have read from several sources (but yes, on the net), that there's also a lot of fat in them, though healthy, it still don't seem to be recommended eating lots of them daily. And the white part is only protein. i usually consume 4-6 eggs daily.

Blairbob

How much acreage are you sitting on? You can get about 1000lbs of kale out of 1/10th an acre.

You could probably make some serious cash growing half a ton of kale to vegetarians or hipster nutritionists. And then buy more meat from TraderJoes/WholeFoods/local Meat supplier at Farmer's Markets.

 

If you can get Unicorn Tears, you can probably get Unicorn Blood and horse blood would do for the people of the steppes (besides horse milk and meat). Unicorn Blood is probably a 1000x more powerful than Horse Blood methinks.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Fat is fine. I eat lots of it and have no health issues. Avoid salt, sugar, and ingredients you cant pronounce or would recognize in the wild

vinca_minor

Except for the ones that are chemical names for vitamins. Just because you cannot pronounce it doesn't mean it's bad for you.

Freeflyer
Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

Fat is fine. I eat lots of it and have no health issues. Avoid salt, sugar, and ingredients you cant pronounce or would recognize in the wild

Why avoid salt?  Salt is necessary for life and almost every chemical reaction that takes place in your body.  Maybe if you have serious high blood pressure issues, but otherwise salt fear is dumb.  Especially if it s mineral salt and not just purified NaCl.

 

I can recognize plenty of things in the wild that would kill me.  I wouldn't eat them.  Likewise, I can't recognize every edible/healthy plant.  Nor can I see many things that could harm because they are too small.  Just because it is natural doesn't mean it is good.

 

I cannot pronounce cholecalciferol but it is critical to health and well being (Vit D3).  I can pronounce Cyanide, which is found in plenty of natural foods.  Again, these arguments are silly. 

Jon Douglas

You're right, unicorn tears/blood makes much more sense :D

Freeflyer
Jon Douglas said:

You're right, unicorn tears/blood makes much more sense :D

I tend to enjoy a hearty helping of Pegasus wings at least once a week. 

Murray Truelove
Freeflyer said:

I tend to enjoy a hearty helping of Pegasus wings at least once a week.

Dude, you do realise that those are endangered! You should eat griffin instead, basically the same nutrient profile and can be ethically farmed.

Bro'
Freeflyer said:

Why avoid salt?  Salt is necessary for life and almost every chemical reaction that takes place in your body.  Maybe if you have serious high blood pressure issues, but otherwise salt fear is dumb.  Especially if it s mineral salt and not just purified NaCl.

 

I can recognize plenty of things in the wild that would kill me.  I wouldn't eat them.  Likewise, I can't recognize every edible/healthy plant.  Nor can I see many things that could harm because they are too small.  Just because it is natural doesn't mean it is good.

 

I cannot pronounce cholecalciferol but it is critical to health and well being (Vit D3).  I can pronounce Cyanide, which is found in plenty of natural foods.  Again, these arguments are silly. 

 

While I agree with you that this type of advice is TECHNICALLY dumb, it works very well in practice. Yes, you need salt, but you don't really need table salt. As you said, mineral salt vs NaCl, so stuff you'd find in your fruits and veggies or mineral water.

 

True, many things in the wild could kill you, but most likely, when you tell someone to eat stuff they'd find in the wild, they'll still be in the supermarket buying edible mushrooms because they've been selected beforehand.

 

As for cholifl..chocoli..chclic.. D3 and the likes, I tend to agree with this point more, though in ingredients lists, I'm yet to see a vitamin's proper name. Better advice would be 'the fewer ingredients, the better', or 'avoid anything with numbers' (E-154 or E1274657 and the likes).

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

You guys missed my point. Yes, salt is good for you. Ever had bacon, though? It has over 300mg of sodium per serving, I was referring to that aspect of it. Also, yes, tocopherols, polyphenols, and the like are good for you. I was referring to things like red #40, soy lecithin, and things which aren't either vitamin/mineral and are not readily identifiable. Yes, there are exceptions to the list, I was being vague with intention. If I were to go through and list everything to avoid that'd be counter-productive. Each person should do their own research and rule out what's fair and what's off limits. But fewer ingredients on an ingredients list is typically better. 

ausswe

just dont buy things with an ingredient list at all?  ever seen a cucumber with an ingredient list?

Bro'

"Ingredients: Banana"

 

Mmmh, this cucumber must be special...