This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mastery template questions

Started by David Wilson, September 16, 2015 · 1 Replies · 116 Views

David Wilson

I understand testing myself with week 11, and moving on if I am confident my technique and strength are good. I understand going back and finding what block and week to start with, if I need to.

 

I understand the concepts, I am just not sure of the specifics.

 

In the beginning Mastery testing phase, am I doing more then one exercise per day?

What would a day and week look like in this initial phase?

 

Thank you

 

 

Joshua Slocum

Each day, test one element per exercise. If you feel up to it, you can attempt to test another element on the same day. So for example, your first day you might test FL/PE1. If you pass, you then have the option of testing FL/PE2, or moving on to testing sPL/PE1. The next workout, you can continue testing in progressions where you'd previously passed. So for example, your first two FL/sPL/HBP/RC workouts might look something like this:

 

Workout 1

Test FL/PE1 - pass

Test sPL/PE1 - fail

Test HBP/PE1 - fail

Test RC/PE1 - pass

Test RC/PE2 - pass

 

Workout 2

Test FL/PE2 - pass

Work on sPL/PE1

Work on HBP/PE1

Test RC/PE3 - fail

 

 

Eventually you'll reach a point where you've stopped passing out of elements, and you now know exactly where you should be in each progression. Then it's time to start the 4-week cycles given in the course.