This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE2 in amongst the lego

Started by Samin Ishtiaq, September 15, 2015 · 5 Replies · 118 Views

Samin Ishtiaq

 

This is my first form check for SL PE2. Looking at it now, I think the position I chose was a bit too cramped (lego on one side, rocking chair on another ... it's hard being a pretend amateur gymnast!), so that might effect how it looks.

 

It looks too fast too, maybe?

 

Any comments and criticisms appreciated.

 

Samin

Chris Garay

Hi Samin,

 

Yes, slow down quite a bit. Really feel your obliques engage on the side plank twists, and keep your hips more square to the front. (This will feel like your torso is getting "wrung out" like a towel.) Also, keep your legs straight on the trunk circles.

 

Best,

Chris

Samin Ishtiaq

Thanks, Chris, I'll do another one of these videos in a less cramped place. I get what you're saying.

Samin Ishtiaq

Hi Chris,

 

I think I'm slower and more straight to the front. What do you think:

 

Also, what do you mean by "legs straight" on the trunk circles? In the video, the model's hips move slightly in  a circle as he circles his upper body, and his legs move as a consequence.

 

Thanks for your feedback. I want to fix myself!

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

The videos, sadly, have some skew to them. Take sPL/PE1-im, the athletes hips don't fully touch the ground on each rep -- never mind that. The athletes videotaped may not have shown picture perfect form when hyper-examined. The point being that in the trunk twists you want the trunk to twist. So you should be feeling it in the gluteus medius (or the side of your body/hip), your lower back, and then the front of your hips, as you push in the opposite direction. It should also be a smooth motion, despite consistent tension as you go around in a twist.

Samin Ishtiaq

Hi Daniel,

 

OK, trunk twists mean... the trunk should twist. I'll look closely and re-try.

(By the way, you don't mean "sPL/PE1-iM".)

What do you mean by "skew"? My body doesn't have a straight line, like the athlete's does?

 

Samin