This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SPL PE5

Started by Samin Ishtiaq, September 15, 2015 · 5 Replies · 162 Views

Samin Ishtiaq

 

This is my first time of posting SPL PE5. It's one that --- as you can see --- I don't get yet. Please point out my deficiencies :-) and point me to any other posts that can help.

 

What glaring is that my backside always ends up too high. But how do I start? Do my hands need to be placed further out, so that I can get a straight back+legs?

 

Samin

 

Chris Garay

Hi Samin,

 

First, keep your hands pointed either forwards or only slightly outwards, but not backwards. Coach has said that beginners should not train planche progressions with a backwards hand position because it stresses the brachialis too much.

 

Second, protract your shoulders more (draw your sternum into your spine), and lean further forward! Even if you just hold for 6 seconds, fight to get that forward lean position with hips open and legs straight.

 

Best,

Chris

Samin Ishtiaq

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot for your comments. I've tried to do hands forwards, shoulders protracted, and lean forward here:

 

 

What do you think?

Samin

Alessandro Mainente

You are doing a common mistake, compensation of lack of strength by elevating the butt. keeo it in line as in the beginning of the video.

Samin Ishtiaq

Hi Alex,

 

Thanks for your feedback.

 

Can you point me to a video where the athlete *gets into position*? I knew when I saw the video that my butt (I was being polite and calling it backside!) was too high. But how can I start so that my butt is in-line, like at the start of the video?

 

Thank you in advance for your answer!

Samin

Samin Ishtiaq

 

 

Thank you Alex and Chris for your feedback on this exercise so far. Would you please take a look at this version? I think my butt is lower!

 

Samin