This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE5 and hamstring flexibility

Started by Jcweldingh, September 15, 2015 · 9 Replies · 209 Views

Jcweldingh

Hi. As you can see by the video below, I am not able to lift my legs to 90 degrees without using my abs/lats.

 

https://youtu.be/SqOGfRR_BJU

 

I can do 5x15 reps of MN/PE4 in my sleep, so my conclusion is that it has to have something to do with my hamstring flexibility. My Standing Weighted Pike Hang is more than satisfactory, so I'm not quite sure what to do.

 

I read an article online about this, and the author recomended doing pike stretches with a flat back to counteract "over stretching" the back to compensate for a lack of hamstring flexibility.

 

Any thoughts?

 

Christian

 

P.S. If you think the issue is weak hip flexors or lack of abdominal strength , please tell me. Quite frankly, it would be a relief :)

 

Alessandro Mainente

could be both hamstring and hips flexors.

please post the mastery of MN PE3 and coupled IM for further evaluations.

Jcweldingh
Alessandro Mainente said:

could be both hamstring and hips flexors.

please post the mastery of MN PE3 and coupled IM for further evaluations.

I'll make sure to record it at the gym tomorrow. Thanks.

Jcweldingh
Alessandro Mainente said:

could be both hamstring and hips flexors.

please post the mastery of MN PE3 and coupled IM for further evaluations.

 

Alessandro Mainente said:

could be both hamstring and hips flexors.

please post the mastery of MN PE3 and coupled IM for further evaluations.

Hm. That might actually be the problem. I haven't done MN PE3 or it's coupled mobility exercise. Are those crucial to developing the type of strength/mobilty I might be lacking?

Murray Truelove
Jcweldingh said:

Hm. That might actually be the problem. I haven't done MN PE3 or it's coupled mobility exercise. Are those crucial to developing the type of strength/mobilty I might be lacking?

Yes.
Itamar sha'ashuaS
Jcweldingh said:

Hm. That might actually be the problem. I haven't done MN PE3 or it's coupled mobility exercise. Are those crucial to developing the type of strength/mobilty I might be lacking?

You've just skipped it?

Chris Garay

Skipping PE's and iM's... :facepalm:

Alexander Egebak
Jcweldingh said:

Hm. That might actually be the problem. I haven't done MN PE3 or it's coupled mobility exercise. Are those crucial to developing the type of strength/mobilty I might be lacking?

You need to follow the program after all...

Jcweldingh
Murray Truelove said:

Yes.

 

 

Itamar sha said:

You've just skipped it?

 

 

Chris Garay said:

Skipping PE's and iM's... :facepalm:

 

 

Alexander Egebak said:

You need to follow the program after all...

 

Wow, this thread just made me feel really stupid. I started at PE5 because I thought I was cabable of it. Apparently I'm not. Miscalculation on my part.

 

I'll restart at MN/PE1.

 

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Chris Garay

No worries mate. Now you know the reason why Coach preaches, "First things first."