Hi Guys,
I am new to the GB training program but am not sure as to the best way to proceed with my training.
In 2001 I picked up a dive cylinder using incorrect posture and was diagnosed with a herniated disc(L5/S1), Up until 2013 my back never gave much complaint my back never gave many problems but in 2013 the pain increased to unbearable thresholds.
Because the hernia was big I had to have a diseconomy to remove it. Post op I have been fine so long as I keep working since my job is quite labour intensive it tends to keep me in all round good shape and I have had only 1-2 relapses post op. These relapses are normally caused by poor posture when living since I am around 6'4" its difficult to maintain good form. Indeed I have been medically cleared to work with no exceptions to the type of work.
This year I have been mainly unemployed and so have lost physical conditioning which is why I have turned to the GB programs. My main goal is to build up general all round muscle but especially core strengh and obviously the lower back would be an advantage.
My question is given my history of back problems would it be good just to go straight into the Foundation / Handstand course combination or an easier combination? I have lots of time on my hands right now and will be training as many days as possible.
Look forward to your responses.
James.