This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Difficulty veiwing videos in sequence

Started by psikon, September 13, 2015 · 3 Replies · 216 Views

psikon

Hi there,

 

This looks a great course, I am keen to get started.

 

I have just bought Foundation 1 but I am having trouble watching the videos in a sequence that enables me to follow along and learn the movements.

 

Is there a way that I can watch the videos, one after another like this:

 

Front Lever PE1 -----> Front Lever IM1

Straddle Planche PE1 -----> Straddle Planch IM1

Side Lever PE1 -----> Side Lever IM1

 

and so on until I have seen all the first progressions and integrated mobility for all seven basic movements.

 

I want to be able to queue up the videos somehow, otherwise I am going to struggle to learn the movements so I can practice them away from the computer. It is really sabotaging my workout having to click back and forth between progressions/movements.

 

Does anyone have any advice for how they started their training?

 

Many thanks for your time

 

 

aiken54

Under the "New Feature Survey" and "Just Getting Started" widgets on the right of the course website there's a part that says "Foundation Series Elements" to easily navigate between progressions. There's also a F1 follow along for mastery test of all PE1 elements, but I can't seem to find it.

Ryan Bailey

Have you tried the "mobile view"?  I used this more last year when I started, in order to see the videos in sequence.  It allows you to click on the exercise and see the video in the order of the specific schedule you choose. 

1)  Under the My Workout tab click on "Mobile View". 

2)  Then, "View Week's Assignment.

Another note:  After a while, you eat, sleep, breathe these movements, basically memorizing them, where a computer is not needed for the actual workout.  I don't know if this helps or not, but when I first started (I still do this a lot actually), I have a study, or practice time where I learn the videos and practice the form outside of the actual foundations workout.  I then consider the actual foundations training time as a "game on" or "go time" where I tackle the session as best I can.  If there was any doubts about form or technique, I go back to the drawing board and study, practice, or film as if I'm getting ready for the next game, or foundations 1 training session.  Does this make sense?

Ryan

Coach Sommer
Ryan Bailey said:

"... when I first started (I still do this a lot actually), I have a study, or practice time where I learn the videos and practice the form outside of the actual foundations workout.  I then consider the actual foundations training time as a "game on" or "go time" where I tackle the session as best I can.  If there was any doubts about form or technique, I go back to the drawing board and study, practice, or film as if I'm getting ready for the next game, or foundations 1 training session ..."

 

Excellent.  

 

That is exactly how I intended the courses to be approached.  Well done.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer