Wow SLS/SE2>im is super hard for me! And my form is hopeless. It seems to be a maximal strength endeavour for me at this time, and I know mobility not meant to be. Is there an easier version whilst I build strength / coordination? or has anyone got any tips? My hamstrings n 2night my left shoulder hating on me big time with this one. Matty Perrett
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
SLS/SE2>im
Started by Matty P, September 13, 2015 · 4 Replies · 162 Views
It's quite a bit harder than SE1>iM, but still not much compared to what follows. Make sure you're not making it harder than it needs to be by having adequate friction (don't make it too easy either
). I spent quite a bit of time doing these with socks that just wouldn't slide on my floor and getting an actual furniture slider helped having a more correct intensity.
Matty - While mobility is not generally a maximal strength endeavor, I found that these last few SLS iMs were for me, too, starting with this one. Make sure you're using a furniture slider. Even a little bit of extra friction makes this a lot harder. I also started using a hack (shoe box on carpet), and I hit a serious roadblock. I was given two pieces of advice, which I'll forward on:
1) work just the negative part of the rep slowly for a training cycle. That is, just extend your leg out to max on an 8-10s count to feel the full range of motion.
2) pony up the 4 bucks to get a pair of furniture sliders! Seriously, the reduction in friction was enough to make this a vigorous, but approachable progression. I didn't think the shoe-box would have significantly more friction, but apparently a little bit makes a big difference. I did switch back to using it once I was comfortable with the furniture slider, because my mobility improved a lot faster than my strength on this element and I would recommend that if you hang out here for a while. The next few iMs are a treat.
Hi,
I have also been struggling with this for about 10 months now. I have only used a pair of adidas sweat pant as a slider, and I am still not remotely close to have one good rep. I think I have to buy a furniture slider as well. I do not know what it is called in norway, but does anyone have any tips for this on a hard surface? Like size, etc?
On 5/4/2016 at 6:17 AM, Espen Lofthus said:Hi,
I have also been struggling with this for about 10 months now. I have only used a pair of adidas sweat pant as a slider, and I am still not remotely close to have one good rep. I think I have to buy a furniture slider as well. I do not know what it is called in norway, but does anyone have any tips for this on a hard surface? Like size, etc?
Make sure you understand the point of the IM. It is a hamstring movement at it's root. Basically it is a body-weight hamstring curl. Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be. If the IM is harder than the final skill then you probably are doing something wrong. Feel free to post a video but i'm sure a furniture slider or even a foam roller will do. That is what i had my kids use when all of the sliders were used up and i can tell you it still caused me quite a bit of struggle. They seemed to do it no problem. But again they had a pretty tough Strength Coach![]()