This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MSs/SE26: is my scaled version of pancake roll-through worth doing? (Form check)

Started by WrldsGr8testDad, September 12, 2015 · 2 Replies · 260 Views

WrldsGr8testDad

Hey all.  Hoping for some help with the pancake roll-through.  Someone in the forums had suggested the scaled version that I've been doing, shown in the video linked below.  Coach Sommer had OK'd it as an appropriate modification for us zombies.  However:  what Orench, Kira, and Grace do is "pancake roll-through";  what I'm doing is more like "Mountain pull-through".

 

Should I simply wait until my flexibility improves before I try these?  Or is there some benefit to be gained from this scaled version? 

 

Any help much appreciated,

Craig

 

https://youtu.be/GrXd20lr_rA

 

Mikel

Hi WrldsGr8testDad,

   I'm new to this, and therefore no pundit at all, but I would perform another set of Isometric Middle Split rocking from front to back using the rings to secure the hinging on my feet, instead of the Pancake Roll Through. I would hang the rings higher, so that my arms were nearly straight and so enable me to go deeper slowly into the stretch. The lower my hips to the floor and a wider pancake, the lower the rings. The height of the rings in your video don't allow you a complete control of the rocking process, as your arms are in an unstable position.

   Another scaling I'd use is extending the length of my ams holding a couple of yoga blocks. One should be flexible enough to reach the floor that way, though.

   I hope these help you. ;) I'd appreciate feedback on how you solved it.

 

Mikel.-

Alessandro Mainente

The scale is good, btw if you are not very strong on quads and gracilis you should be very careful on this exercise. try to not put to much tension on inner knee.