How's the form here? This was MUCH harder than expected. I'd imagine stall bars are easier, cause the hard part was pushing against the wall. I kind of like it though cause it reminds me of a press to HS. Would rings be an acceptable substitute as well?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
SL pe9 (headstand) reverse leg lift
Started by Jason Dupree, September 11, 2015 · 5 Replies · 236 Views
Nice execution.
Rings are no good for this as you will tend to put your butt through and make it easier with the counterbalance, just like leaning over a press to HS.
Unless you can set up something to keep your back level with the rings, like a table or partner or course ![]()
That won't be an option, so headstand it is! I'm gonna have to get real creative when I get to SE1. I'm not sure my gym would put up stall bars if I bought them myself.
I think I originally tested through these hanging off an apartment building fence in Toronto. Creativity is good for the mind ![]()
Update, using a pseudo stall bar.
Couple of questions.
1. Is it ok that my back is slightly behind my hands? I suppose this can be fixed by padding if that's not ok.
2. I noticed that I am extending my legs, then pulling my butt back to the wall. I wasn't doing this before. Is this ok or no?
Overall I find this version easier, almost trivial for my posterior chain. However, this was maybe the most intense forearm workout I've ever done!
Thanks for your thoughts.