This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form check (Frog stand & inverted hang)

Started by TobiasM, September 10, 2015 · 8 Replies · 217 Views

TobiasM

Hi,

 

I'm pretty new to this GymnasticsWorld (My first post ever, yay!), and therefore I would really appriciate if someone could give me some feedback. The videos posted below, is my first time ever attempt on doing Single bar inverted hang (FL/PE13) and Frog stand (PL/SE1).

 

Inverted hang: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zAdHAvxx3I 

 

Frog Stand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCDyrMy2r48

 

Sure there is a lot of things I can improve on (especially inverted hang, doesnt look too good). However, do you guys have anything I should focus on, or should I just give it some time and develop more strenght?

 

Thanks in advance! 

 

 

chuchodani

In my opinion you need to take a step back, in the inverted hang you're piked, so I think it's counter productive to work on it with that form. In the Frog stand you're leaning downwards instead of forward.

TobiasM

Thanks .... I'll be taking a step back on the FL and will try working on leaning forward instead of downwards on the frogstand :-)

Ravn

I like to enter the inverted hang by lifting the toes to the bar with straight legs, the extending the legs upwards into a hollow body hold, just like you would do in the next progression. Straight arms at all times!

Cole Dano

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think it wold be good to show us some of your earlier progressions on both these elements.

TobiasM
Cole Dano said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think it wold be good to show us some of your earlier progressions on both these elements.

ofc. I'm not seeing your post as a personal attack and take it the wrong way. Totally fair question - However, as mentioned in post #1 I'm new to this world and therefore still "searching for my groundbase" and where to start... Therefore, i don't really have any vids of earlier progressions. If I should take a couple of steps back I will ofc. be willing to do so :)

 

I took a couple of videos from todays traning, where i took a step back on the FL and tried leaning more forward on my frog stand. Hopfully it's a bit better this time:

 

FL/PE12: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZI33GTznkI

 

Frog stand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jHpaXb4CPI

 

Once again, thanks to you all for taking your time to comment on my videos :)

Cole Dano

TobiasM, if I'm understanding you correctly, you just decided to start on these elements? If so that's not the right approach, it's important to start from Foundations 1 PE1 and build from there.

 

That's precisely why I asked to see earlier elements, because it looks like there is a missing link in the fundamentals.

TobiasM
Cole Dano said:

TobiasM, if I'm understanding you correctly, you just decided to start on these elements? If so that's not the right approach, it's important to start from Foundations 1 PE1 and build from there.

 

That's precisely why I asked to see earlier elements, because it looks like there is a missing link in the fundamentals.

Yes, that is correct. But alright - I'll take a giant step back and start on PE1 :-)

Stephen Majerle

Giant steps back tend to turn into giant steps forward in the long run, in my experience.