Hello!
I just need to get it straight and clear.
When doing push ups, in the top position I need to be protracted and depressed, while in the bottom position I need to be neutral and depressed.
Neutral can be retracted, protracted or what ever is required to be as much depressed as I can?
Thanks!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Push ups and depression
Started by Itamar sha'ashuaS, September 7, 2015 · 4 Replies · 301 Views
Correct. Shoulders naturally retracted and full depression at the bottom. I find that thinking about protraction and depression through the entire motion will sort everything else out naturally. To do full ROM pushups, your shoulders have to retract slightly. Your shoulder blades touching isn't that important. You can choose to actively touch them together and get a slight stretch, but it's unnecessary.
As I see the athlete demonstrating HBP/PE2 has his shoulders locked (protracted and depressed)
through the entire movement!
Yes, that's the reason I've asking this question.. I now that the back need to be flat throughout the movement, and shoulders protracted and depressed the top. I know that in the bottom position it should be natural and depressed, but when saying natural, is retracted counts too for mastery of the push ups? (Of course I will try my best in keeping my shoulders as much protracted as I can in the bottom position too )"A said:As I see the athlete demonstrating HBP/PE2 has his shoulders locked (protracted and depressed)
through the entire movement!
This shouldn't be a problem unless something unusual is going on... post a form check if you are unsure ![]()