This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE Order within F7

Started by MichaelBrett, September 7, 2015 · 5 Replies · 249 Views

MichaelBrett

Hey all,

 

I've been lurking for a few months as I've begun Foundations, Handstand and Stretch.  

 

I'm a slightly broken Marine and long-time crossfitter with exactly zero mobility so I am really excited to have found GST.

 

My basic week:

M: F7

T: H1, FS

W: rest

TH: F7

F: H1, MS

S: rest

Su: TB

 

My question:  My progress on PEs for hollow back press and rope climb has been MUCH slower than for the rest of the foundations PEs.  Can I rotate the order so that they do not always come at the end (I suspect that is the problem).

 

*If this has been covered elsewhere, I apologize, but I could not find it.  Feel free to just paste the link below.

 

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Rayne-William

Completing the F7 elements that are harder for you at begining of your workout is fine, however keeping them at the end of your workout will make your body stronger in the long run.

 

Keep in mind the fact that you gain access to more phyiscal strength if you hold your core muscles "Tight" and externally rotate your upper arms as you work out. You will find that externally rotating your upper arms is helpful with a large amount of foundation exercises.

jfreaksho

I'm right there with you- I ended up putting RC on its own day with H1, because I have to go to the park to set up my rings.  I do the rows, then come home and do H1.  The next day I'll do the rest of F7, starting with PPP and straddle ups, because I'm struggling most with those right now.

Mark Collins

There is no problem with rotating the order.

gmthebeau
MichaelBrett said:

Hey all,

 

I've been lurking for a few months as I've begun Foundations, Handstand and Stretch.  

 

I'm a slightly broken Marine and long-time crossfitter with exactly zero mobility so I am really excited to have found GST.

 

My basic week:

M: F7

T: H1, FS

W: rest

TH: F7

F: H1, MS

S: rest

Su: TB

 

My question:  My progress on PEs for hollow back press and rope climb has been MUCH slower than for the rest of the foundations PEs.  Can I rotate the order so that they do not always come at the end (I suspect that is the problem).

 

*If this has been covered elsewhere, I apologize, but I could not find it.  Feel free to just paste the link below.

 

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Yes you can change the order.  I always do the lowest to highest progression order.  This will help keep you more balanced.

MichaelBrett

Thank you all for the replies.  It's nice to know that I'm not the only one with this issue.