This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Standing Achillies on a block FSs-SE12

Started by DonGray, September 7, 2015 · 4 Replies · 199 Views

DonGray

HI Guys

Just a quick one, with this I'm feeling the stretch in the hamstring very strongly rather than the achillies - as the title suggests I should be feeling it (Standing Achillies on block).

 

Does this mean I'm doing it wrong?

How do I make it more an achillies and less hamstring exercise if that's the case?

 

Itamar sha'ashuaS

Try do activate your achillies mobility by trying to reach your shin with your toes, and of course keep the your heel pressed into the floor, that's what workes for me.

Bro'

You can also try to elevate your foot a bit more. That's what I did to feel it in the achilles. Keep in mind though, if you have excellent achilles mobility but just 'normal' hamstrings, I'd say it's normal not to feel it in the achilles. For instance, my kneeling achilles is pretty much like Kira's but my pike is more like Orench's, so I obviously have trouble feeling my achilles in the standing achilles.

DonGray

I'm way behind in both hamstring & achilles flexibility. Will try elevating foot!

Jason Dupree

You can also push your hips forward, so they are closer to above your foot, while keeping the same depth from your hip hinge. I guarantee this will work ;)